Careers – Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
CoMind is building non-invasive brain-computer interfaces focused on dramatically increasing our understanding of the brain and changing how we interact with computers.
CoMind is looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer, who has hands-on FPGA programming experience. You will design hands-on system-level software on embedded systems using optoelectronics to improve brain imaging technologies. You will be working in a rapidly growing team to build technology, which will change how humans interact with the technology. You will also be working alongside electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, optical engineers, data scientists, and neuroscientists to create a new form of neuroimaging. You must have in-depth experience with FPGA and other microcontrollers, and be adaptable and ready to learn.
CoMind is a venture-backed start-up including some of the top investors in Europe.
Essential Functions Of The Role:
- The role will offer the candidate a unique opportunity to acquire new skills and develop their own creative solutions in an experimental environment. We are looking for creative thinkers, who work well in a team, and who welcome new challenges and solve problems with a fresh and unique perspective. You never shy away from and enjoy solving difficult problems and helping others to solve difficult problems.
- You should have a thorough understanding of embedded system architecture, high-speed large-volume data handling, microcontrollers, low-level communication protocols, and digital signal processing.
- You should be able to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse and multidisciplinary team of engineers and physicists. You should be able to effectively communicate your needs, concepts, and ideas to the rest of the team to enable them to transform these into designs and systems. You should have an entrepreneurial mindset and a very strong work ethic. You are a fast learner and adaptable to different problems even if you don’t have as much experience in that area.
You Should Apply If You Have:
- M.S. or PhD in embedded software engineering, computer science, embedded electronics or other relevant fields or experience within the industry.
- 5+ years of industry experience (or equivalent) in embedded (FPGA or C/C++) software development.
- Proven experience handling large-volume datasets and embedded signal processing.
- Proven experience developing robust real-time software for embedded control systems (bare metal and RTOS) in C/C++ and VHDL.
- Very good knowledge of real-time coding and debugging techniques.
- Experience in the full product life cycle.
- A good understanding of optics, electronics, schematic design and use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analysers.
- Highly creative first principle thinker who thrives on hard problems and is a natural people person.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- FPGA development and optimisation experience.
- Data processing experience in Python and MATLAB.
- Sensor interactions and (de)modulation experience in telecommunication.
- Good understanding on high-level software architecture.
- A solid grasp of engineering and basic physics to understand the broader design and development considerations of complex instrumentation.
- Good understanding on software safety and risk management compliance, e.g. ISO13485 or ISO14971, and software development lifecycle, e.g. IEC62304.
- Personal projects and an extensive portfolio of relevant work done in your own time.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Experience working in medical imaging with a focus on the brain or tissue imaging.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary plus stock options.
- Breakfast and snacks provided.
- An opportunity to change how humans interact with computers and the potential to save lives.
- The chance to help grow a company and its culture from the ground up.
- A promising career growth opportunity. We would much rather promote people who have exceeded expectations in their current role rather than hire new people.
Don't see a role which matches your skill set? Get in touch.
The future of non-invasive neural interfaces.
To learn more about how we are leading the next cognitive and computing revolution, get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.