Careers – Head of Hardware
Head of Hardware Engineering
CoMind is building non-invasive brain-computer interfaces focused on dramatically increasing our understanding of the brain and changing how we interact with computers.
CoMind is looking for an experienced Head of Hardware Engineering who has hands-on experience leading technical teams building medical devices. We are looking for someone who has a strong engineering background and has experience leading R&D teams of between 10-15 people. You will be working in a rapidly growing team to build technology which will change how humans interact with technology. You will be leading a talented team of Optical Engineers, Electronic Engineers, Mechanical and Biomedical engineers to build next generation neuroimaging technology. You must have hands on engineering experience, and large scale project management experience and be adaptable and ready to learn.
CoMind is a venture-backed start-up including some of the top investors in Silicon Valley and Europe.
Essential Functions Of The Role:
You should have a thorough understanding of hardware engineering and management principles. You should be intuitive and enjoy developing and bringing new technology to market.
You should work effectively and lead a multidisciplinary team of hardware engineers and physicists. You should effectively communicate your needs, concepts, and ideas to the rest of the team to enable them to transform these into reality. You should have an entrepreneurial mindset and a very strong work ethic. You are a fast learner and adaptable to different problems even if you don’t have as much experience in that area.
You need to bring technical experience and insight to the table and help the team navigate difficult trade-offs and pursue the right opportunities. You will need to create a supportive, nurturing environment for the team with a commitment to individual growth and well-being of the team members.
You will work with technical leads to set long-term technical direction as the broader product evolves and coordinate with other teams to deliver next generation brain-computer interfaces.
You Should Apply If You Have:
- Master's degree or PhD in Physics, Optical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- You have previously worked as an engineer at a senior level for over 2 years in Biomedical Engineering, Optics, Electronics, Embedded Systems, Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams of 8-15 people.
- You have experience managing or mentoring the performance and development of high-performing engineers.
- You know what good looks like for a high-performing team of engineers and know-how to get there.
- You have an empathetic leadership style, and you build strong, effective relationships.
- You care deeply about helping others achieve their goals, avoid burnout, and become the best engineers they can be.
- You are a highly creative first-principles thinker who thrives on challenging problems and is a natural people person and leader.
- Experience hiring talented engineers and know what qualities make world class engineers.
- You must have experience building medical devices and experince with General Medical device standard: IEC60601, Quality standard: ISO13485, Electrical safety: IEC61010, Medical Software standard: IEC62304, NIRs specific medical standard: IEC80601.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary plus stock options.
- Breakfast and snacks provided.
- An opportunity to change how humans interact with computers and the potential to save lives.
- The chance to help grow a company and its culture from the ground up.
- A promising career growth opportunity. We would much rather promote people who have exceeded expectations in their current role rather than hire new people.
Don't see a role which matches your skill set? Get in touch.
The future of non-invasive neural interfaces.
To learn more about how we are leading the next cognitive and computing revolution, get in touch with us at: email@example.com.