Careers – Head of Operations
Head of Operations
CoMind is building non-invasive brain-computer interfaces focused on increasing our understanding of the brain and changing how we interact with computers. CoMind is backed by some of the top investors in Europe and Silicon Valley.
We’re looking for a Head of Operations. This is a hands-on, multifaceted role that will span across many areas of business, operations, legal, HR and finance. Our dream hire is a business-minded individual with experience scaling organisations and teams in the fast-pace world of startup operations – someone resourceful with a strong analytical skills, and a relentless drive to optimise and improve.
The role is a unique opportunity to work closely with the CoMind founders and take a leadership role in leading the Operations at CoMind. Reporting directly to the COO and co-founder, you will play a pivotal role in the running of the Company and really be able to put your stamp on the business.
In this multidisciplinary role, you will have an opportunity to take a hands-on approach to driving and improving many areas of the business. You will have exposure to a range of different verticals across CoMind’s operations team, offering both a unique combination of breadth and depth of experiences, alongside the opportunity to have a huge impact on the company’s future success. You will have the opportunity to develop and implement your own creative solutions in a nurturing environment, with the chance to grow, take on increasing responsibility, manage your own Operations team, and scale alongside CoMind during a rapid growth phase.
You will own major components of business operations at CoMind with large scale projects and responsibilities covering all aspects of finance, regulatory environment research, and commercial engagements.
- Leading the Operations and Business function at CoMind, including building, implementing, and optimising scalable operational processes to streamline our operations and prepare the company for scaling and the next phase of growth.
- Supporting the business development, including playing a pivotal role in the commercialisation of our devices, identifying and evaluating market opportunities, and establishing commercial partnerships.
- Leading on legal, compliance and regulatory matters, such as dealing with contracts with employees, partners and other stakeholders, as well as ensuring general compliance with H&S and other regulation.
- Leading the People function, including the growth of the HR function and playing a key role to lead on the expansion and growth of the engineering and business operations teams.
- Responsible for accounting & finance, including financial budgeting, forecasting, and planning to optimise investment and resourcing processes.
- Lead reporting on general operational performance, suggest improvements, and implement solutions to drive business continuity and growth.
- Providing other ad hoc support to the COO and CEO on strategic, business and operations matters.
You Should Apply If:
- You have graduated with at least a 2:1 in a Management, Business or Law degree (BSc).
- You have 8+ years of work experience in leading operations or a core business function in a startup or fast-moving tech company OR as a Consultant in a large consulting firm or professional services firm.
- You have experience working with startups or in a fast-paced environment, where you have managed multiple high complexity projects while delivering high-quality results.
- You are a highly detail-orientated and organised individual who takes pride in delivering articulate, thorough and high-quality work. You can break complex problems into smaller ones and enjoy working with data to facilitate your work.
- You enjoy a diverse role consisting of responsibilities across all different areas of the business. You are a skilled multi-tasker who enjoys context switching and can effectively balance depth with breadth.
- You are curious by nature, and are enthusiastic about helping to drive the business forward and take on increasing responsibility.
- An excellent communicator, can make a good business case and convince people to help you execute.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary plus stock options.
- Company health care plan.
- Generous, flexible holiday allowance.
- Regular lunches, socials and snacks.
- The chance to help grow a company and its culture from the ground up.
- A promising career growth opportunity - we would much rather promote people who have exceeded expectations in their current role rather than hire new people.
- An opportunity to change how humans interact with computers and the potential to save lives.
Don't see a role which matches your skill set? Get in touch.
The future of non-invasive neural interfaces.
To learn more about how we are leading the next cognitive and computing revolution, get in touch with us at: email@example.com.