Careers – LabView Consultant
CoMind is a venture-backed start-up including some of the top investors in Europe, who is building non-invasive brain-computer interfaces focused on dramatically increasing our understanding of the brain and changing how we interact with computers.
CoMind is looking for an experienced LabVIEW specialist, who has extensive hands-on experience working on control system software development for medical instruments. You will be using LabVIEW to create/write software stacks to handle high-speed high-volume data in real-time. You will play a key part in the development of the overall software control centre. You will also be working alongside electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, optical engineers, data scientists, and neuroscientists to create a new form of neuroimaging.
Essential Functions Of The Role:
You should have a thorough understanding of control systems (e.g. data acquisition system) architecture, microcontrollers, and digital signal processing. You are also responsible for all documentation of LabView development, processes, keeping all standards up to date, and sharing information across different teams. You will be involved with hands on software testing and work collaboratively with different members of the team to help direct the organisation's aims.
You should be able to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse and multidisciplinary team of engineers and physicists. You should be able to effectively communicate your needs, concepts, and ideas to the rest of the team to enable them to transform these into designs and systems. You should have an entrepreneurial mindset and a very strong work ethic. You are a fast learner and adaptable to different problems even if you don’t have as much experience in that area.
You Should Apply If You Have:
- Minimum certification of National Instruments CLAD, Certified LabVIEW Developer or higher credential preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrable industry experience in LabVIEW design, development, programming and testing of instrumentation systems.
- A strong understanding of good programming practices and high-level concepts such as classes.
- Very good knowledge of real time coding and debugging techniques.
- Experience in the full product life cycle..
- Experience with common laboratory sensors and instrumentation such as encoders, high-speed DAQ, multimeters, digital oscilloscopes, and capacitive probes.
- Effectively troubleshoot the systems associated with the LabVIEW program, including the software but also other aspects such as the DAQ, host PC, sensors, electrical junctions, etc.
- Highly creative first principle thinker who thrives on hard problems and is a natural people person.
- Able to continually develop software systems in collaboration with researchers with changing needs
Additional Preferred Skills:
- FPGA control and development experience.
- Data processing experience in Python and MATLAB.
- A solid grasp of engineering and basic physics to understand the broader design and development considerations of complex instrumentation.
- Good understanding on software safety and risk management compliance, e.g. ISO13485 or ISO14971, and software development lifecycle, e.g. IEC62304.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Multiple publications in the field.
- Experience working in medical imaging with a focus on the brain or tissue imaging.
Don't see a role which matches your skill set? Get in touch.
The future of non-invasive neural interfaces.
To learn more about how we are leading the next cognitive and computing revolution, get in touch with us at: email@example.com.