Careers – Machine Learning Engineer
Machine Learning Researcher
CoMind is building non-invasive brain-computer interfaces focused on dramatically increasing our understanding of the brain and changing how we interact with computers.
CoMind is looking for an experienced Machine Learning Researcher who has hands-on experience building machine learning algorithms. Previous experience working with biological signals, in particular, is a plus. You will utilise and build algorithms to classify neural activity, de-noise data and improve signal detection allowing the advent of more advanced brain imaging technologies. You will be working in a rapidly growing team to build technology which will change how humans interact with technology. You will also be working alongside Optical Engineers, Hardware Engineers, Neuroscientists and other Machine Learning Engineers to create (i) a new form of neuroimaging, and (ii) a suite of BCI algorithms for interpreting recorded brain activity. You must have experience with a variety of machine learning techniques, a strong software engineering background as well as the ability to develop application-specific tools and be adaptable and ready to learn.
CoMind is a venture-backed start-up including some of the top investors in Silicon Valley and Europe.
Essential Functions Of The Role:
The role will offer the candidate a unique opportunity to acquire new skills and develop their own creative solutions in an experimental environment. We are looking for creative thinkers, who work well in a team, and who welcome new challenges and solve problems with a fresh and unique perspective. You never shy away from and enjoy solving difficult problems and helping others to solve difficult problems.
You should have a thorough understanding of software engineering, signal processing and machine learning. You should be intuitive and enjoy designing and developing new algorithms to be utilised in real world applications.
You should be able to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse and multidisciplinary team of engineers and physicists. You should be able to effectively communicate your needs, concepts, and ideas to the rest of the team to enable them to transform these into reality. You should have an entrepreneurial mindset and a very strong work ethic. You are a fast learner and adaptable to different problems even if you don’t have as much experience in that area.
You Should Apply If You Have:
- Master's degree with 3+ years of industry experience or PhD with 2 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience with C/C++, Python, R, parallel programming and knowledge of computer architectures.
- 2+ years of practical (not just research) experience designing, developing, deploying and testing machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with machine learning architectures such as Convolutional Neural Networks, LSTM Recurrent Neural Networks, and autoencoders.
- Familiarity with ML concepts such as transfer learning, amortised variational inference and multimodal ML.
- Knowledge of linear algebra, calculus and statistics.
- Experience exploring, analysing and visualising data.
- Experience using TensorFlow, PyTorch or Jax, as well as NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn.
- Proof of exceptional ability in software engineering or a similar field.
- A highly creative first-principles thinker who thrives on hard problems and is a natural people person and leader.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience in applying computer vision to real-world applications.
- Experience using computer vision libraries such as OpenCV.
- 1+ examples of patent authorship and invention disclosures.
- Experience working with large and noisy datasets.
- Experience leading small engineering teams (3-5 people).
- Experience in collecting, analysing, and managing complex neuroimaging datasets.
- Personal projects and an extensive portfolio of relevant work done in your own time.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Multiple publications in the field.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary plus stock options.
- Breakfast and snacks provided.
- An opportunity to change how humans interact with computers and the potential to save lives.
- The chance to help grow a company and its culture from the ground up.
- A promising career growth opportunity. We would much rather promote people who have exceeded expectations in their current role rather than hire new people.
Don't see a role which matches your skill set? Get in touch.
The future of non-invasive neural interfaces.
To learn more about how we are leading the next cognitive and computing revolution, get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.