Careers – Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
CoMind is building non-invasive brain-computer interfaces focused on dramatically increasing our understanding of the brain and changing how we interact with computers.
CoMind is looking for an experienced electronics engineer, who has extensive hands-on experience designing and developing medical or consumer products. You will work in a multidisciplinary team, designing high-performance electronics to integrate with state-of-the-art optical technologies to improve brain imaging technologies. You will be working in a rapidly growing team to push the current BCI technology to the next level, which will change how humans interact with the brain. You will also be working alongside software engineers, mechanical engineers, optical engineers, data scientists, and neuroscientists to create a new form of neuroimaging. You must have a good understanding of mix-signal electronics design, engineering, science, and practical implementation.
CoMind is a venture-backed start-up including some of the top investors in Europe and Silicon Valley.
Essential Functions Of The Role:
The role will offer the candidate a unique opportunity to acquire new skills and develop their creative solutions in an experimental environment. We are looking for creative thinkers, who work well in a team, and who welcome new challenges and solve problems with a fresh and unique perspective. You never shy away from and enjoy solving complicated problems and helping others to solve difficult problems.
You should have a thorough understanding of mix-signal electronic circuit design, integration with microcontrollers, low-level communication protocols, and low-noise analogue signal processing.
You should be able to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse and multidisciplinary team of engineers and researchers. You should be able to effectively communicate your needs, concepts, and ideas to the rest of the team to enable them to transform these into designs and systems. You should have an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong work ethic. You are a fast learner and adaptable to different problems even if you don’t have as much experience in that area.
You Should Apply If You Have:
- Bachelor or Master degree (2:1 or higher) in electronics, computer science, or other relevant fields of experience within the industry.
- 5 years of hands-on industry experience (or equivalent) in mix-signal electronics design and development.
- Proven experience developing a robust embedded system that passes EMC and relevant safety tests.
- Excellent CAD design experience on mix-signal schematics capture and multi-layer PCB layout.
- Extensive knowledge of medical standards and safety compliance, e.g. EN60601 and ISO13485.
- Experience in the full product life cycle.
- A good understanding of optics, embedded programming, and the use of essential testing equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers.
- Highly creative first principle thinker who thrives on challenging problems and is a natural people person.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- High-speed analogue electronics system design.
- ARM cortex MCU or FPGA development experience.
- Good knowledge with embedded C and VHDL.
- Sensor interactions and (de)modulation experience in telecommunication.
- A solid grasp of engineering and fundamental physics to understand the broader design and development considerations of complex instrumentation.
- Good understanding of designing for manufacture and mechanical interactions.
- Personal projects and an extensive portfolio of relevant work done in your own time.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Experience working in medical imaging with a focus on the brain or tissue imaging.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary plus stock options.
- Breakfast and snacks provided.
- An opportunity to change how humans interact with computers and the potential to save lives.
- The chance to help grow a company and its culture from the ground up.
- A promising career growth opportunity. We would much rather promote people who have exceeded expectations in their current role rather than hire new people.
Don't see a role which matches your skill set? Get in touch.
The future of non-invasive neural interfaces.
To learn more about how we are leading the next cognitive and computing revolution, get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.