Careers – Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
CoMind is building non-invasive brain-computer interfaces focused on dramatically increasing our understanding of the brain and changing how we interact with computers.
CoMind is looking for an experienced mechanical engineer, who has extensive hands-on experience designing and developing medical or consumer products. You will work in a multidisciplinary team, designing high-performance mechanics to integrate with state-of-the-art electronic and optical technologies to improve brain imaging performance. You will be working in a rapidly growing team to push the current imaging technology to the next level, which will change how humans interact with the brain. You will also be working alongside software engineers, electronics engineers, optical engineers, data scientists, and neuroscientists to create a new form of neuroimaging. You must have a good understanding and knowledge of mechanical engineering science and practice.
CoMind is a venture-backed start-up including some of the top investors in Europe and Silicon Valley.
Essential Functions Of The Role:
The role will offer the candidate a unique opportunity to acquire new skills and develop their creative solutions in an experimental environment. We are looking for creative thinkers, who work well in a team, and who welcome new challenges and solve problems with a fresh and unique perspective. You never shy away from and enjoy solving complicated problems and helping others to solve difficult problems.
You should have a thorough, in-depth understanding of highly technical concepts and principles, and also Interact with cross-functional teams to understand design and business constraints.
You should be able to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse and multidisciplinary team of engineers and researchers. You should be able to effectively communicate your needs, concepts, and ideas to the rest of the team to enable them to transform these into designs and systems. You should have an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong work ethic. You are a fast learner and adaptable to different problems even if you don’t have as much experience in that area.
You Should Apply If You Have:
- Bachelor or Master degree (2:1 or higher) in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or other relevant fields.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards and product requirements.
- 5 years of industry hands-on experience (or equivalent) in mechanical design and development.
- Excellent experience on developing 3D CAD (preferably SOLIDWORKS), engineering drawings, and tolerance stacks for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies.
- Excellent knowledge of medical standards and safety compliance, e.g. EN60601 and ISO13485.
- Experience in the full product life cycle.
- Good understanding of the underlying physics of complex problems, and able to carry out appropriate calculations by hand or program to analyse and validate solutions.
- Highly creative first principle thinker who thrives on hard problems and is a natural people person.
- Good awareness of product performance, reliability, and cost expectations, and ensure these are met within the planned timeline of the project.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Extensive medical industry experience, especially in the medical imaging field.
- Good knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, vibration analysis, heat transfer, finite element analysis, statistics and drafting practices.
- Proven ability to perform complex engineering analyses resulting in thorough and complete documentation.
- Ability to work effectively within a highly collaborative environment.
- A solid grasp of engineering and fundamental physics to understand the broader design and development considerations of complex instrumentation.
- Good understanding of designing for manufacture.
- Personal projects and an extensive portfolio of relevant work done in your own time.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Experience managing equipment and projects, including specification development, supplier selection, technical reviews, and tooling installation.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary plus stock options.
- Breakfast and snacks provided.
- An opportunity to change how humans interact with computers and the potential to save lives.
- The chance to help grow a company and its culture from the ground up.
- A promising career growth opportunity. We would much rather promote people who have exceeded expectations in their current role rather than hire new people.
Don't see a role which matches your skill set? Get in touch.
The future of non-invasive neural interfaces.
To learn more about how we are leading the next cognitive and computing revolution, get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.